X-Tactics takes place in a world, similar to our own, but one where top-secret government agencies and secret societies, maintain the peace and world order by manipulating the truth, news and many historical events.
X-Tactics puts you the player in the role of the head of M-12 one of the top secret agencies, and at the command of a ragtag cast of secret agents, adventurers and treasure hunters, that risk their lives trying to keep the truth from leaking.
BATTLE STYLE: GunSKILL1: Sharp ShooterSKILL2: Amnesia FlashSKILL3:
SECRETX-SKILL: Keep Cool
“You can’t escape these eyes.”
BATTLE STYLE: Psychokinesis
SKILL1: Mental Block
SKILL2: Psychic Drill
X-SKILL: Psychic Static“Is that fear I sense?”
BATTLE STYLE: AstridBlade
SKILL2: Sonic Blast
X-SKILL: Grand Finale“Let’s see if you’re any fun!”
BATTLE STYLE: Electric
SKILL2: AC / DC
X-SKILL: Free Energy“Fascinating… I must look into this”
BATTLE STYLE: Priest
SKILL1: Kneel Down
SKILL2: White Flame
X-SKILL: Holy Gift“Can I get an amen!”
BATTLE STYLE: Blade
SKILL1: Shall we dance
SKILL2: Blade Ballet
X-SKILL: Eye of Providence“Was expecting more…”
BATTLE STYLE: Ninja
SKILL1: Sneak Attack
SKILL2: Slash & Run
X-SKILL: Shadow Walk“Otsu!”
BATTLE STYLE: Beast
SKILL1: Hug Bear
SKILL2: Go Wild
X-SKILL: Cute Dance“Zzzz…”
BATTLE STYLE: Cyber
SKILL1: Meta Scan
SKILL2: Copy & Paste
X-SKILL: Combinatorial Explosion“And that will be a GAME OVER!”
BATTLE STYLE: Intelligence
SKILL1: Recommended Reading
SKILL2: Bookworm’s Gift
X-SKILL: Elder’s Pact“This victory’s going in the history books!”
BATTLE STYLE: Ninja
SKILL2: Cut Down
X-SKILL: Blind Poison“You’re in the way… Drop dead!”
BATTLE STYLE: Polytechnician
SKILL1: Flame Thrower
SKILL2: Hors d’œuvre
X-SKILL: Burning Soul“May my flames protect us all.”
Displays five day forecast of the outside temperature, current moon phase, wind speed, wind direction, as well as local precipitation percentage.
Play character missions as well as daily missions.
GPS missions are assigned using a players GPS coordinates. Play area specific missions.
Level up agents skills as well as manage items. Unlock additional facilities by raising the H.Q level. H.Q level is determined by the total level of facilities inside of your H.Q.
Unlock achievements and earn in-game cash rewards.
Buy and sell equipable items.Items in the Grey Market will vary from day to day.
Read messages from the top brass of the M-12, M-12 agents, as well as other players. Messages received from M-12 officials will include story related information as well as information regarding special events.
Adjust in-game audio levels, change your username, and set language.
Manage agent skills and equip items to be used in battle.
Leveling up this facility increases the mission clear bonus.
Browse, equip, and sell items.
Leveling up this facility increased the mission clear bonus.
Buy buffs that temporarily increase the boost count for your team during battle. Leveling up this facility improves the relationship between your agents, allowing for new side missions to be unlocked. Increase the effect time of purchased boosts, as well as the X-Gauge value at the start of missions by leveling up this facility.
Level up characters by earning experience points when defeating enemies.
Leveling up increases a characters attributes stats.
Experience points are gained by completing missions.
The boosts an agent can utilize during the mini game. During battle, agents close enough to each other will provide one another with additional boosts.
Special abilities that are activated through the mini-game by connecting boosts in the determined order for that skill. Skills can be leveled up with SP(Skill Points).
Needed in order to level up agent skills. SP can be gained by completing missions. The amount SP needed to level up increases with level.
Different from normal skills, tactical skills are activated by performing a specific action.
- [Inherent] Activated automatically(i.e., Walls have no effect on Goicci’s attacks.)
- [Move] Activated by movement
- [Charge] Activated by “Charging”
- [Assist] Activated by assisting another character
- [Reactive] Activated in reaction to a certain condition
- [Special] Other actions, e.g, passive abilities
When the X-Time becomes full during battle, an agent’s X-Skill can be activated. The X-Time gauge is filled by attacking enemies and supporting other agents.
Items can be used on enemies during battle or equipped to improve agent stats. There are also items that cannot be equipped.
An Alter Mode transforms a agent’s appearance and powers.
- View and upgrade character skills from the “Today’s Mission” menu.
- Clear “The Beginning” Mission
- New missions available for level 20 and up characters. When a character’s special mission is completed, their third Attack skill will unlock. *There are missions for unreleased characters.
Story arc missions for each agent you possess.
Agents cannot be removed from their own arc missions.
Missions assigned based on a player’s location.
Missions with temporary availability. Connected to events and has entrance fees but also higher rewards.
Unlocks Agents third skill on completion.
Requires the player to complete “The Beginning” Mission in the “Special Missions” tab, and have the agent reach level 20.
Missions are classified according to their difficulty. There are 5 classifications, C(easiest), B, A, S, X(hardest).
Guest agents cannot be removed from the missions they are included.
Approved team sizes will vary depending on the mission.
Determined by how much HP an agent has left at the end of a mission and the level of a players TRAINING ROOM.
Missions win conditions will vary from depending on the mode.
- [NORMAL] Cleared when all enemies are defeated
- [SURVIVAL] Cleared when the player survives a set amount of turns
- [RUSH] Cleared when the player can defeat all enemies within a set amount turns
- [PUZZLE] Cleared when the hidden objective is met
The characters a player has controls. During battle, when all agents’ health points reach 0 the mission is failed.
Characters that agents and NPC direct their attacks at
Every enemy belongs to a “Team”. Enemies from different teams will attack each other.
Agents and Monsters are separated into types with each having its own strengths and weaknesses. Some agents/monsters fall under two different types. The different kinds of types are listed below:
- [Organism] Warm blooded characters that bleed when they are bitten
- [Human] Human characters
- [Undead] Undead characters that are weak to sun, but are unaffected by poison, or cold environments. They gain an advantage in dark conditions.
- [Artificial] Man-made character that are unaffected by poison and temperature.
- [Cryptid] Unidentified terrestrial creatures.
- [Evil] Wicked or Supernatural characters.
- [Wild] Wild characters that have an advantage in the dark.
- [Insect] Bug-like characters that are unaffected by SLEEP and CHARM.
Most NPC’s must be protected by the player. If an NPC is killed during a mission, that mission is deemed a failure.
When a wave passes, time on the mission stage progresses. During this time, new enemies may appear or a field event may occur.
Objects on the mission stage may impede movement, shorten attack range, or may even cause damage to characters that land on them.
Agents are able to move and/or destroy objects on a stage.
Enemies may destroy objects as well.
Please be aware that there are also non-destructible objects.
There are a few special spots that may show up on a mission stage.
- [X-Spot] Characters that land on this spot, trigger a change on the stage map.
- [Boost Spot] As long as an character is standing on this spot, they will receive one extra bonus during the mini game.
- [Trap Spot] Characters that last on this spot receive damage and have their turn skipped.
After a character performs this action, they receive a temporary power up and recover “red” health.
When an agent assists a teammate, red health is recovered, most status ailments are cured, and the player’s X-Gauge is increased by 15%.
The contents of an attack will vary depending on the number and order of boosts connected during a mini-game. If a player touches the spinning obstacles during the mini-game they will either miss or be counter attacked by the enemy.
A game that is played when an agent is being attacked
Tapping the screen will stop the moving marker.
Stopping the marker within the Defence Zone(blue area) will partially deflect the enemy’s attack. Otherwise the defence is a failure and the agent will take a critical attack.
Stopping the marker right as it completely overlaps the shield icon will activate a counter attack.
When hitting perfectly in the Defend Mini Game, the agent will strike back at the enemy dealing normal damage.
Items equipped before a mission can be used during battle.
Perform different actions besides attack and assist during an agent’s turn.
Interactions can be used on allies, objects and even enemies.
Agents must have the special abilities or skills to interact with enemies.
A player can perform the following interactions.
- [SWAP] Switch positions with a target.
- [DRAG] Move with a target as it is pulled forward one space.
- [RUSH] Move with a target as it is pushed back one space.
- [PUSH] Push a target away one space.
- [THROW] The target is thrown to the opposite side of an agent.
- [PULL] Pull a target one space towards an agent.
Status ailments are healed after a certain number of turns or by using CHARGE or ASSIST skills on the afflicted character.
A list of status ailments that effect agents and monsters.
- [Amnesia] Character cannot use skills for 1 turn (effects last longer if character is weak against Psychic)
- [Animate] Inanimate objects comes alive and joins the team of the character that animated it.
- [Berserk] Defence and Speed boosts that show up during the mini-game become Attack boosts for one turn
- [Blind] Boosts during the mini-game become indistinguishable.
- [Bloody] At the end of each turn, the character’s HP will decrease by 20%.
- [Bomb] A bomb is attached to the character and will explode at the end of the character’s next turn, dealing damage to all surrounding characters.
- [Burn] Character will take Fire damage for 2 turns.
- [Confuse] Character will move and attack randomly for 1 turn (more for characters weak against Psychic)
- [Curse] Character is unable to recover HP for 3 turns
- [Dizzy] Character’s movement is decreased by 1 and will move in a random direction for 1 turn
- [Hold] Character is unable to move for 1 turn.
- [Fear] Character will automatically run away from the caster for 1 turn (more for characters weak against Psychic
- [Haste] Speed is increased and mini-game time is increased by 1 second. Slow status is cancelled out.
- [Cold] Speed is decreased by 20%. Characters weak to ice will take damage. Cancelled out with Hot status.
- [Hot] Speed is decreased by 20%. Characters weak to fire will take damage. Cancelled out with Hot status.
- [Sun-struck] Character takes 20% damage every turn. (Happens only during the day among Undead characters)
- [Intoxicated] Movement is decreased by 1 and boosts swing around the screen during the mini-game. Characters weak to Organic attacks are also inflicted with Dizzy.
- [Poison] Takes 20% of HP after every turn.
- [Sleep] Character is unable to perform actions for 3 turns. (If character takes damage, character is woken up)
- [Slow] Character speed is decreased and mini-game time is decreased by 1 second for 1 turn.
- [Stun] Character is unable to perform actions for 1 turn.
- [Hallucinate] Character will treat caster as ally for 1 turn (more if character is weak against Psychic)
- [Prone] Character is unable to move for 1 turn
- [Hate] Character defence is decreased by 20% and caster becomes primary target for 1 turn (if the character is weak against Psychic, effectiveness is 2 turns and defence is lowered by 50%)
Status ailments are healed after a certain number of turns, or by using CHARGE or ASSIST skills on the afflicted character.
- Removable with CHARGE
[Bloody] [Burn] [Dizzy] [Prone]
- Removable with ASSIST
[Bloody] [Burn] [Hold] [Sleep]
- Removable with Goicci’s “Mental Surgery” skill
[Amnesia] [Charm] [Confuse] [Dizzy] [Fear] [Hate]
- Removable with Lazarus’ “Lay Hands” skill
[Dizzy] [Fear] [Intoxicated] [Poison]